Masottina was founded in 1946 by Epifanio Dal Bianco as he dedicated himself to expanding his agricultural properties just outside Conegliano. His three sons continued the business with Adriano, the eldest, now the winemaker and running the business. Adriano’s three sons are now active in the business.
Masottina owns 75 hectares of vineyards in Ogliano, in the easternmost zone of the historic area of Conegilano Valdobbiadene. They also direct another 56 hectares— purchasing grapes only from historic vineyards. These gentle hills that fan out below Treviso’s Prealps make up an invaluable district where, ever since the Middle Ages, the cultivation of vines has been a special feature of the landscape.